Sunday, April 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Thanks so much for hosting! I really enjoy her vlogs every week, so be sure to check it out. I LOVE seeing what everybody else got and adding new books to my to-read list because of it!

It's been three weeks since my last IMM and I've got some AMAZING books! And swag. Yay for book swag! :)


BOUGHT/WON:


See all the amazing book swag there surrounding my pretty books? There are bookmarks and pins and stickers and the cutest little card, it actually say: "everything is better with sprinkles" underneath the cupcake. How awesome is that?! I won these in a giveaway by Heather at Book-Savvy. Thank you so much!

Onto the books:
I went a little crazy and exchanged several gift cards for books :)
-The Glass Demon by Helen Grant: I'd been kicking myself for not buying it the first time I laid eyes on it in the bookstore. Isn't the cover pretty?? It's actually even prettier on camera. Really looking forward to reading this one.
-The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb: this is actually not as pretty as you'd think from the picture. The color is off and it's actually only one pretty neutral color. But it sounds so great and it's what's inside that counts right?
-Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier: I've been dying to read one of her books and there's a comment on the back that says "It has the feel of a gothic horror, or a Daphne du Maurier ghost story". Sounds good to me!

eGalleys FOR REVIEW:

From Simon & Schuster's GalleyGrab Program:


-Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott: I've heard great things about her books and am excited to read this one!
-The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy: it looks totally cute, I actually love the hot pink of the cover!
-Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready: the much anticipated sequel to Shade (which I haven't actually read yet, but will very, VERY soon).
-Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton: another cute cover and the premise sounds really good!

From NetGalley:


-The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab: OMG!! I GOT THE NEAR WITCH!! You better believe I squealed! And did several happy dances, in fact I feel like doing a happy dance all over again. I've added this book to my to-read shelf on Goodreads August 6th 2010. The wait has been slowly killing me. And now it's waiting for me to get to it, I'm so excited!!
-Royal Weddings by Stephanie Laurens, Gaelen Foley and Loretta Chase: this is an anthology in honor of Prince William and Catherine Middleton's upcoming nuptials.
-Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban: sounds great! It was actually a group read for the Fantasy Book Club group on Goodreads I lurk around sometimes.


-Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I just finished If I Stay (yes, I finally got around to it) and gosh, it was amazing! I'm so looking forward to reading the sequel!!
-Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade: if I'd only had the title to go on, I would NEVER have expected this cover to go with it ;)
-The Sins of Viscount Sutherland by Samantha James


-The Harlot by Saskia Walker
-Lord Langley is Back in Town by Elizabeth Boyle


Huge, enormous, gigantic THANK YOU!!! to all publishers!

So that's what I got over the last three weeks. Leave me a link to your IMM!

9 comments:

  1. The cover of The Glass Demon is beautiful. Do want! =D

    Plasticine and Books (My IMM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great looking books there! And Swag - I do love some swag!
    Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books! I have some of the same Galley books to read as well. I hope you enjoy all your wonderful reads! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Queen of the Dead - Make sure you read Ghost & the Goth first. You got a nice haul there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul! I'm jealous haha :) The Glass Demon cover is gorgeous! I can't wait to read Between Here and Forever and Where She Went. I kind of love the cover for Queen of the Dead- I must read the first!

    Hope you enjoy reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week. Never heard of The Glass Demon before but that civer is fantastic.
    I loved Between Here and Forever - hope you enjoy it.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY so many great books I've never heard of the first three that you won, and they look good. Probably adding more to my tbr list lol

    Also gotta love that swag!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot of great looking books! I hope you enjoy them all! :D

    ReplyDelete