Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima



Title/Author: The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms #2) by Cinda Williams Chima
Publisher/Date published: Hyperion, September 28th 2010
How I got this book: own it

Goodreads summary: "You can't always run from danger...
Haunted by the loss of his mother and sister, Han Alister journeys south to begin his schooling at Mystwerk House in Oden’s Ford. But leaving the Fells doesn’t mean danger isn’t far behind. Han is hunted every step of the way by the Bayars, a powerful wizarding family set on reclaiming the amulet Han stole from them. And Mystwerk House has dangers of its own. There, Han meets Crow, a mysterious wizard who agrees to tutor Han in the darker parts of sorcery—but the bargain they make is one Han may regret.
Meanwhile, Princess Raisa ana’Marianna runs from a forced marriage in the Fells, accompanied by her friend Amon and his triple of cadets. Now, the safest place for Raisa is Wein House, the military academy at Oden's Ford. If Raisa can pass as a regular student, Wein House will offer both sanctuary and the education Raisa needs to succeed as the next Gray Wolf queen."

So, I LOVED the first book in this series. And sometimes the second one can suffer from 'second book syndrome' (especially in a trilogy, which to my delight, I've found out this series is NOT, more books YAY!), but this book didn't for me. YAY!

I loved that I got to know both Raisa and Han better, they are both such strong characters! And I just love Amon Byrne, he's amazing! And Fire Dancer! And Raisa's father! And I love to hate some of the secondary characters as well, which is awesome in its own way.

I really liked that Han and Raisa's storylines come together and I'm so not wanting to be spoilery, but can you say: EXCITEMENT?! And intrigue! And yay for strong female character (and believably so, which is not always the case).

You know what I think? I think you should all go and read this series so I can rave about it with you! I'm already halfway into the next book, The Gray Wolf Throne and it is AWESOME as well!

Itty bitty kitty committee of lolcats says: book as good as cheezburger, can we pleaz haz another?
(I make lame jokes, I know, my rating: 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment