Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review of The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas



Title/Author: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass #0.1) by Sarah J. Maas
Publisher/Date published: Bloomsbury Children's, January 21st 2012
How I got this book: of course I HAD to buy this!!

Goodreads summary: "A Throne of Glass novella.
On a remote island in a tropical sea, Celaena Sardothien, feared assassin, has come for retribution. She's been sent by the Assassin's Guild to collect on a debt they are owed by the Lord of the Pirates. But when Celaena learns that the agreed payment is not in money, but in slaves, her mission suddenly changes - and she will risk everything to right the wrong she's been sent to bring about."

OMG, I just totally squealed when I got to write the title of this post! Because seriously, I have been a fan of the Sarah J. Maas ever since she posted her first draft of Throne of Glass (then titled Queen of Glass) on FictionPress and I'm so happy for her she got a publishing contract and 2012 will be the year I get to add her first novel to my collection! :) I already pre-ordered it, only 164 days to go! (which really isn't that long, considering I've been waiting for about 8 years ;))
Basically Throne of Glass is a Cinderella retelling with the twist of having Cinderella be a feared assassin!

ANYWAY: of course I had to read the novella. And it is everything I wanted from it! This wasn't part of the story posted on FictionPress and I was really excited about getting to know a bit more about the Celaena she was before she got sent to the salt mines. And I loved how sassy Celaena is! She's such a memorable character!

The writing is amazing and I LOVED reading it, so if you're excited about Throne of Glass or if I've managed to convince you it's something to be excited about, definitely read it!

My rating: 5 stars

5 comments:

  1. Okay, you just sold me on this whole ting, I need to add this to my wish list, maybe even using that coupon for BD I got laying around until tomorrow. lol.

    Thanks for the review, I wouldn't have known of this book and series otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Use the coupon! :D Coupons are your friend! And I'd love to be able to gush about this series with you!!

      Delete
  2. Wow. That title sounds SO interesting. I'll have to put this (and book one) on my TBR! I am glad that people who started off online actually are getting published too. It so fun to know you "knew" them before lol.

    In an unrelated note, I did this Book Tag thing where you get tagged by someone and answer their questions. I chose you to tag, so if you want to, check it out. No hard feelings if you don't though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :) I loved following the whole process of her getting published and it's the only reason I know something about the whole thing.
      And I'm definitely participating in the Book Tag! Thanks for tagging me :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read this series! It sounds absolutely intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete