Friday, March 2, 2012
Book Blogger Tag!
I got tagged by Sarah @ Sarah Says Read and decided I was going to play along :)
What to do
1. Post rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer questions from the person who tagged you.
4. Make up 11 questions for people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people. (I'm a lazy person and I'm not going to tag people, but if you feel yourself gently poked by this post, then please play along and link me your post!!)
6. Let them know they’ve been tagged. (This is kind of irrelevant)
So, 11 fun facts about me... I'm really not all that interesting, but I'll try :)
1. I've been in love with the Disney version of Robin Hood and Peter Pan for as long as I can remember. And seriously, I had a real crush on them as a kid! I still can't help but wish I could fly...
2. I've ordered about 42 books in the past 2 months. Yes, I've been going a little crazy. Of those, there are 32 left that haven't gotten to me yet: 26 pre-orders and 6 'normal' orders. I can't wait to have them all on my shelves!
3. I live in an apartment and our spare room is actually the room that all my stuff lives in. It has my closet with clothes, shoes, 3 bookshelves and anything else that doesn't have a proper place anywhere else in the house. Needless to say my boyfriend doesn't venture in there often.
4. I absolutely LOVE cooking and I can talk about food all day. But I never make the effort to cook something when I'm eating alone. It just seems like too much trouble to go to and I just end up eating something I can put in the microwave or oven.
5. I used to want to be an author and have started and discontinued several stories and even posted some fanfiction on FanFiction.net way back when. But in the last couple of years I've discovered I enjoy reading other people's books more than writing them myself.
6. I always try to go on 'buying bans', which include shoes, purses, books, movies, dresses, earrings... But they never last.
7. Every time I visit the pet store with my mom to get dog food I'm tempted to take a bunny home. The only reason I haven't is because of the carpeting in my home and my fear of the bunny peeing on it and not being able to see where exactly it peed. But I'm getting one as soon as we move somewhere that has a different kind of floor! :) I love bunnies.
8. Ever since I started my internships, I lost the ability to sleep in on the weekends/holidays. I always wake up between 7.30 and 8.30 AM, no matter what time I went to sleep. Which sometimes leaves me with 3-4 hours of sleep if I've been out that night.
9. In my teens I despised the color pink and skirts. I was SO anti-girly it's not even funny. The only time I deemed it ok to wear a skirt was when I put in on over my bikini (yes, there really isn't any logic to this). And now I own lots of pink clothes and skirts/dresses are my favourite things to wear.
10. I hate exercising. I know I should, but I can't bring myself to actually do it. I very much dislike getting all hot and sweaty and having to leave my house to actually do it. Which is why I need to get a dog in the future, cause I like going on walks with my parents' dogs and it doesn't seem like pointless exercise then.
11. I can raise my left eyebrow without moving the right one. (this is #11, I'm all out of interesting things) Only, my bangs sort of cover my left eyebrow, so noone can see this astonishing accomplishment... FAIL!
1. Do you like where you live?
Yes and no, I love living in Nijmegen, a city that's big enough for most of the things I want to be close by and not so big I feel like I could get lost in it. However, as for the apartment I live in, it's getting a bit small for all my stuff and the neighborhood isn't very desirable.
2. What would you do if you were omnipotent?
I'd make it so there were more hours in the day, because seriously, I don't have enough time to do everything I want to now. Also, in less selfish things I'd do, I'd find a cure for cancer, HIV and make it so there was enough food for everyone. Oh, and I'd bring Mr. Darcy to life :)
3. What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I LOVE Christmas.
4. What music did you like to listen to 10 years ago?
I was a bit of an emo kid when I was 14 and I listened to Avril Lavigne and all kinds of more obscure punkrock bands.
But the music that's stayed with me the most are the albums by Michelle Branch, Lifehouse and The Calling I listened to back then. I still know all the songs on them by heart!
5. What are your favorite websites?
Without a doubt Goodreads, Twitter and all the blogs I follow :) Oh, and I visit the Book Depository frequently as well ;)
6. What’s your favorite plant or flower?
I don't really have a favourite plant I think, but I really love forget-me-nots and potroses :) And the plant that you can get around Christmas, with the red leaves? I don't really know what it's called in English, but here it translates as a Christmas star :)
7. Do you have any pets?
I WISH! My parents own 2 dogs and I would love to have one of my own, sadly my boyfriend is less enthusiastic about this idea...
8. What are some of your favorite tv shows right now?
The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model and Grey's Anatomy. And I really loved Ugly Betty, I was heartbroken when it ended!
9. If you could jump into any book, which would it be?
Either Harry Potter or Pride and Prejudice. Or both! I could take Mr. Darcy with me or just bring my wand back to P&P :)
10. What’s your favorite joke?
I'm not much of a teller of jokes, but I do sometimes like to try exactly how far I can go with outrageous untruths before they catch me. One of my success stories is that I once convinced someone I met on the train that as a medical student I needed to bring the dead body to use for the pathology class myself. I still cannot believe the guy actually believed that! We even discussed the trouble I would have transporting it to the university...
Oh, and I once convinced a girl in my class that mink were 6-8 feet tall and had huge claws and tusks :)
11. If you could buy anything right now, regardless of the price, what would it be?
A house, with a garden. Really, I love my apartment, I do, but if I had the choice I'd rather live in a house that actually has a garden cause in the summer we can't really sit outside and I LOVE reading outside! Or a car, public transportation is not my favourite way to travel.
As I also got tagged by Julia @ The Competitive Bibliomaniac, I'm saving my 11 questions for that post (cause answering another set of questions will make this already ginormous post even longer).
Thanks for tagging me Sarah! I had a lot of fun coming up with the answers to your questions :)