Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA: Best of 2012

So today we're talking about the best of 2012: the best books you've read so far and ones you are anticipating that you think will belong on that list before 2012 is done!

I'm gonna give you my 5 star reads so far by genre:

YA Paranormal Romance
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

YA Dystopian
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

YA Fantasy
Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
Allegiance by Cayla Kluver
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas

YA Contemporary
Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

YA Historical Fiction
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Adult Fantasy
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow by George R.R. Martin

Adult Historical Romance
A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen
A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean
How the Marquess Was Won by Julie Anne Long

And what I think I'll be adding before the year is over:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Defiance by C.J. Redwine
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Touched by Cyn Balog
Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Lessons From A Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan
One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean

So, how about you guys? Any you recommend based on my list that I've fallen in love with? Any that I should be getting ALL THE EXCITEMENT over that aren't released yet? Let me know! And leave a link in the comments so I can check your post out!!

23 comments:

  1. Okay, so there are at least two books on your list that directly refer to "Pirates". I MUST read these as I have a bit of a pirate obsession. Going to add them to my Amazon wishlist and hopefully will get a chance to read them soon!

    Check out my list here: http://bibliothec.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/armchair-bea-june-5th-best-of-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! It makes me want to catch up on my reading. :D

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Julia Quinn! I can't wait until the next Smythe-Smith book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read ANY of these, but I've been noticing them around the blogosphere. Thanks for sharing...

    Here's MY ARMCHAIR BEA POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, I am a new follower :)
    My husband keeps nagging me to try George R R Martin, I do think I would like it but keep putting it off as the series is such a big commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big commitment, but SO worth it! I'm slowly making my way through the series and every time I pick one of the books up I keep asking myself why I didn't do it sooner!

      Delete
  6. Great list! I can't wait to read Melissa Walker's latest, I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    Thanks for all you do to share your love of reading and books - just wanted you to know we appreciate you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! :) And Unbreak My Heart is amazing and the perfect summer read! :)

      Delete
  7. I looove Sophie Jordan's historical romances! I just finished Throne of Glass and it was amazing. Great list!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I haven't read her YA series yet, but her historical romance is SO GOOD!
      I pre-ordered Throne of Glass 5 months ago, I'm VERY impatiently awaiting its arrival on my doorstep :)

      Delete
  8. What great recs- I will have to read Under the Never Sky. And Geek Girl appeals too! Happy Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both beyond awesome! Geek Girl was so much more than I thought it would be and Under the Never Sky just blew me away! I couldn't stop reading it! Hope you enjoy them!!

      Delete
    2. I really look forward to reading them!

      Delete
  9. I love Incarnate and Unbreak My Heart, and I'm in the middle of When You Were Mine. I'll have to be adding the rest of these books to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I loved When You Were Mine, hope you will too!! :)

      Delete
  10. So completely lame T__________T
    out of ALL the books you listed I have only read
    Incarnate :D and I really liked it but wasn't crazy over it :'(

    I NEED all the new books out there...on really more more more happier news :D I just got Masque of the Red Death AND Everneath so hope they make my top 2012 later on the year :D

    Here's my Best of 2012-> http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-oh-clouds-its-best-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have come in common and I did 5 stars too. It's just too hard to decide on the best!!! I like that you did by genre too. Nice post.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my crem della crem list

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've either read and loved, have them waiting on my bookshelf for me to devour, or stuck them on my TBR list all or most of the YA books you selected. Why can't there be more time in a day for me to read? *whines*

    I hope you have a great BEA-filled week!

    ~Christina (and the other Book Hookup Litbrarians)
    The Book Hookup's Best of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow Daisy!! So MANY favourites!! :) Awesome :) Hope you're having fun today! Enjoy aBEA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your list of books!
    They sound awesome!!! ;) and there are many I wanna read too so I'm excited!! D

    ReplyDelete