So I've been MIA a bit over the past 1,5 week. The weather gods decided it was time for a little tropical summer time in Holland and we suddenly had temperatures up to 40C over the weekend. And while I love our apartment very much, it's even hotter inside than out when the sun is shining, so I avoided it like the plague and fled to a nearby lake to survive the day in the shade. Which meant virtually no computer time, but it's raining again, so YAY CATCHING UP ON BLOGGING! :)
So last weekend was spent swimming, buying a new fridge (which I'm ridiculously excited about, we now have a fridge with a light, functioning freezer and basically IT WORKS, HOORAY!), going out to dinner and sitting on the balcony drinking rosé and sangria. It felt like a mini-vacation :)
Then on Monday my brother had to defend this master thesis and after that he graduated! I'm SO proud of him! We went out to dinner with my parents, his girlfriend and my boyfriend to celebrate and just had a wonderful time! I did feel a bit bad for the guys, cause they had to wear a suit in the heat, while I could just chill in my pretty dress :)
Work was a bit quieter this week, the floor I was working on is still half closed for the summer, so the number of patients is a lot more manageable than the floor I've been working the past 1,5 month, so that was kinda nice. I had my first ever on call evening Thursday and the patients and I both survived it, so yay!
Friday night the boyfriend and I just sat on the couch together and watched TV. We finally got around to watching Serenity after really liking Firefly and being SO disappointed the series ended after so few episodes... I enjoyed Serenity less than the series, but it was nice as well.
Yesterday I visited my parents, my brother also come over for dinner, it was fun to just hang out with our little family, we pretty much never do that anymore because of everyone's busy schedule. Later that night I went over to the boyfriend's parents' house and we stayed over and socialized there for a bit with his brothers and their girlfriends, which was nice as well.
Today is the day in which I will do nothing except catch up on blogging, reading and relaxing. And quite possibly watch the new ANTM episode :) The fact that it's been raining since I got up this morning is doing nothing to make me regret this decision ;)
Bookish Update: I've been a bit failing at reading this week because of all the business with family and a presentation at work. But I will try and catch up today! I also celebrated my second payday by buying 3 books (which in the grand scheme of things isn't even all that much, yay self control!).
My Book Haul for the past three weeks:
- The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margo Livesey
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
- THe Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima (already read and LOVED)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Lessons From a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan (already read and LOVED)
- Auracle by Gina Rosati
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (SO MUCH LOVE!!!)
- Endlessly by Kiersten White
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I won this book from Sarah @ Sarah Says Read who is all kinds of wonderful and sent me a lovely card with the book! Thank you so much, I absolutely LOVE this book and can't wait to reread it!!
- The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen
- How To Disgrace a Lady by Bronwyn Scott
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski
- Much Ado About Magic by Shanna Swendson
- Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski
- How TO Deceive a Duke by Lecia Cornwall
- Victoria Rebels by Carolyn Meyer
I'm SO excited about all these books! And to show you one last time how ridiculously happy I was when my beautiful copy of Throne of Glass got here, I'll leave you with this picture:
I hope you're all having a nice Sunday and a wonderful week!!