Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review of Lessons From a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan


Title/Author: Lessons From a Scandalous Bride (Forgotten Princesses #2) by Sophie Jordan
Publisher/Date published: Avon, July 31st 2012
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley and bought a finished copy

Goodreads summary: "A life can change in an instant...
No one knows this better than Miss Cleopatra Hadley, who went from poverty to plenty when she discovered one of England's richest men was her true father who wanted her to share his wealth... if she married into the upper echelons of Society. A high price to pay for someone whose mother taught her just how dangerous a marriage could be.
An imposing yet impoverished Scots nobleman, Lord Logan McKinney knows he must wed some vapid title-hunter with a substantial dowry in order to restore his once-thriving estate. Having the vibrant Cleo nearby, however, makes his task even more unpalatable—for she tempts him like no other woman... just as he's precisely the sort of man she most fears: exciting, unpredictable, fiercely passionate. But when attraction proves too powerful, they succumb to a kiss that quickly leads to lessons too scandalous for even the darkest nights."

Guys, I've raved about Sophie Jordan's amazing talent when it comes to writing swoonworthy historical romance before. And I'm going to do it again, cause I absolutely LOVED Lessons From a Scandalous Bride!!!

I mean, gosh, this was just everything I wanted from a historical romance! It had a likeable heroine who had issues that were not because of being a bit cray-cray in the head, but real issues. A swoonworthy hero who totally made me cry, wonderful tension and believable romance. ALL THE THINGS!

And like the first book in this series, Lessons From a Scandalous Bride flows seemingly effortlessly. I just flew through the book, it was wonderful! I love how Sophie Jordan introduces us to the characters and lets us get to know them without there being information dumps. I LOVE her way of storytelling!

I also really liked reconnecting somewhat with Marguerite, the main character from Wicked Nights With a Lover. She adds some humor to the story and it felt a bit like catching up with old friends.

Usually it's the female angst about the romance that has me in tears, but this time it was Logan who made me cry! He was just plain awesome and seriously, he sounds like my kind of guy: a mix of sensitive and all-maleness.

But really, I cannot somehwat incoherently gush about this novel and Sophie Jordan's writing in general enough! I repeat my statement: if you're interested in the genre AT ALL, you should read one of her novels. I absolutely adored this one, but they're all amazing. She made me feel ALL THE THINGS and bonus points for totally making me cry! LOVED IT!

My rating: 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. mmm, this is strange, LOL
    You seem like you have a very different experience with Sophie Jordan than I have. The few books by her that I've tried have flopped.

    But I'm glad the book turned out good for you! :) Cleo sounds like a good character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read a Sophie Jordan romance novel , but I think that needs to be remedied. You make her books sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete