Monday, December 3, 2012

2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!


So you guys remember how I talked about my book buying addiction problem before? In that post I mentioned how I was going to challenge myself to read more of my own books and so you better believe I squee-ed when I saw this challenge!

For details, go here.

Basically, it's all about reading those books on your shelf you've been meaning to get to, but haven't yet and YES! THIS IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED! There'll be prizes and mini challenges, but mostly it'll be READING YOUR OWN BOOKS, YAY!

I'm going to go with 'A Friendly Hug' level and challenge myself to read 11-20 of my own books. I really hope to read more, but I'd rather go up a level than be disappointed with myself because I haven't made my goal, because that would be discouraging.

I'm not sure what books I'll be reading, but they'll be coming off this list and this list. I love how Goodreads keeps me organized :)

Ones that I absolutely HAVE TO READ in 2013 include:
If I Die and Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver
Divergent by Veronica Roth (I KNOW!)

And so many others! Once I start listing them I can't stop and there are 267 physical books on my TBR list! At least some of them will be conquered this year :)

I'm so excited and hope to see many of you join in as well!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm SO doing this too!! I've let my own books fall to the side way too much.

    Not cool.

    And plus, the dog is telling me to join! I can't say no to a dog sitting on a pile of books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also haven't read Divergent, so you're not alone here but I added it to my 2013 pile too. Until I die will go there as soon as I finished this comment. I loved Die for Me so much that I wanted to take my time reading Until I die so that the time between book 2 and 3 isn't so long. I am staring at the cover ever single day though - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this challenge, too :) So excited for it! Happy reading!

    Megan @ Megz Madd Readz

    ReplyDelete