Friday, December 14, 2012

Review of Deck the Halls With Love by Lorraine Heath


Title/Author: Deck the Halls With Love by Lorraine Heath
Publisher/Date published: Avon, December 18th 2012
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley

Goodreads summary: A Lost Lords of Pembrook Novella

Christmas is a time for miracles... and second chances at love.

In her dazzling first Season, Lady Meredith Hargreaves gave her heart to Alistair Wakefield, the Marquess of Chetwyn, only to have it shattered when he proposed to another. And now that he's free to pursue her? It matters little, because she's on her way to the altar, heartbreak be damned.

Chetwyn once set aside his dreams in favor of duty and honor. But as Christmas approaches, he is determined to put his own desires first and lure Lady Meredith back into his arms, where she's always belonged.

First he steals a dance; then he steals a kiss. But when they find themselves alone in an abandoned castle during a snowstorm, reignited passion consumes them both. And Chetwyn will have one last chance to steal back Meredith's heart, once and for all.

I always forget how short novellas can be and after finishing them I'm usually left with this sense of disappointment they've already ended. Which probably means two things: I'm not much of a novella kinda girl and the novellas I do read are pretty good because else I wouldn't be wanting more. And this one sounded so adorable I just had to read it!

I really loved the second book in Lorraine Heath's Lost Lords of Pembrook series: Lord of Temptation, so when I saw this was about the jilted Chetwyn I HAD to pick it up! And also: it's a Christmas story and it turns out I'm a Christmas story kinda girl after all even after years of denying this.

And you guys, it was so sweet! I've gotten to know Chetwyn in Lord of Temptation as having a very well-developed sense of honor and duty, maybe a bit more than is good for him. But I never knew he was this passionate! Who would have thought? I loved seeing this other side of him. And Meredith is a sufficiently intelligent heroine who knows what she wants in the end. I loved that Chetwyn wanted at all times to let it be her choice even when he was laying all his charms on her trying to get her to see things his way.

So yeah, it was short and sweet and ended with a kiss and a happily ever after and a merry Christmas, so my little romantic heart was happy. It made me smile and I'm recommending it to all of you who love sweet romance to go with your Christmas as I'm sure it'll make you happy as well!

My rating: 4 stars

6 comments:

  1. It sounds really, really good!!
    I love reading novellas in between books because you have some inkling about the characters backgrounds and that saves time and helps you connect.

    I'm going to try to ge this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the extra background you get in novellas, but I'm still more of a full-length novel kinda girl ;)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! I'm not much of a fan of novellas either, except for at Christmastime. I hardly have time to read anything else! Can this one be read as a standalone, or do you need to read the others as well?

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!!
    Its sounds super cute and fun!!
    -Theresa Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet little Christmas romances :) I hope I can find time to fit one in before Christmas actually gets here! Lol.

    ReplyDelete