Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review of When You Give A Duke A Diamond by Shana Galen


Title/Author: When You Give A Duke A Diamond (Jewels of the Ton #1) by Shana Galen
Publisher/Date published: Sourcebooks Cassablanca, September 4th 2012
How I got this book: bought it for myself

Goodreads summary: He had a perfectly orderly life...

William, the sixth Duke of Pelham, enjoys his punctual, securely structured life. Orderly and predictable — that's the way he likes it. But he's in the public eye, and the scandal sheets will make up anything to sell papers. When the gossip papers link him to Juliette, one of the most beautiful and celebrated courtesans in London, chaos doesn't begin to describe what happens next...

Until she came along...

Juliette is nicknamed the Duchess of Dalliance and has the cream of the nobility at her beck and call. It's disruptive to have the duke who is the biggest catch on the Marriage Mart scaring her other suitors away. Then she discovers William's darkest secret and decides what he needs in his life is the kind of excitement only she can provide...

So you might remember how much I loved Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen. It was everything I want in a romance novel and featured PIRATES! So obviously I was excited when I saw this one pop up so I immediately ordered it. And I'm so glad I did!

When You Give A Duke A Diamond is totally different from Rogue Pirate's Bride, but Shana Galen managed to once again draw me in and give me all the things I love about this genre!

Juliette is a woman who's chosen to divorce her husband and live the life of a courtesan. And she's managed to become one of the most powerful ones in her age! Juliette knows what she wants and that is a man to truly love her who she can share her life with. I loved how strong she was after all she's been through and how she manages to worm her way into Will's life and heart.

It took a little time for me to warm up to Will, cause he has these OCD tendencies and I just wanted to shake him up so he'd snap out of it. But after learning that there actually is a really good reason for this, I just wanted to hug him and make his hard youth go away. Because I was shocked and horrified at what happened to him. I don't know what I would have done if that had happened to me.

I loved the interaction between Juliette and Will and how they're slowly coming to realise they're falling in love and *sigh* it was just SO GOOD! The sexytimes are sexy and the romance was sweet and there was all this tension and HEARTBREAK and I just love it. And I totally cried.

With When You Give A Duke A Diamond Shana Galen has proven she deserves to be on my auto-read list. If you're a fan of the genre and haven't read one of her books yet, you should, they're amazing!

My rating: 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the book so much!
    I haven't yet recovered from one of her previous books - wich I really didn't like and had one of the most annoying heroines ever - so I won't be rushing to get this one.

    but I'll put it on the maybe-pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good historical romance! I'm intrigued by the heroine, and her "career", and I definitely want to find out how they end up falling in love.

    ReplyDelete