Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Favourite New-To-Me Authors of 2012


It's time for another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the other blog I am one of the contributors for The Broke and the Bookish.

This week it's all about your Top Ten favourite authors you've 'discovered' in 2012. I'm going to be breaking this up into two categories:

Debut Authors

Tahereh Mafi: Ok, so I know this may not really count because she's not a 2012 debut author, but I read her Shatter Me in 2012 and it was SO AMAZING! I'm completely addicted to her writing style and I wish Unravel Me would hurry up and get here already!

Sarah J. Maas: So I knew she wasn't really a new-to-me author as I've read the then title Queen of Glass rough draft when it was on Fictionpress, but this year was the first time I read her as a published author and Throne of Glass was everything I could have wanted and even with the years of putting it on a pedestal in my mind it didn't disappoint.

Leigh Bardugo: Shadow and Bone easily ranks among my favourites of 2012, I'm dying for Siege and Storm to be released!

Elizabeth Wein: I hadn't expected to love Code Name Verity as much as I did, but it was SO amazing! I LOVED the writing and felt ALL THE THINGS!

Katherine Longshore: GILT! Need I say more? LOVE me some historical YA set in the court of Henry VIII!

Stephanie Kate Strohm: if you can have me laughing and swooning with your contemporary romance, you're my kind of author.

Veronica Rossi: I almost passed on Under the Never Sky because I wasn't sure if it would be a 'me' book, but I completely fell in love with the story and the writing and GAH! Through The Ever Night needs to be here already!

OMG, what's wrong with me that I never read their books before??

Myra McEntire: LOVE her Hourglass series! LOVE! How did I skip over it when it was first released??

Julia Quinn: I KNOW! How can my love of historical romance novels NOT have led me to Julia Quinn before?? Especially with my Broke and Bookish buddy Julia recommending her books? Consider me a proper fan now.

Melina Marchetta: LOVED Finnikin of the Rock, I cannot believe it took me so long to finally read it, it was simply amazing.

Because it's my blog and I'm allowed to cheat

Brodi Ashton: Everneath sucked me in (no pun intended) and made me feel EVERYTHING and it just completely pulled me out of my reading slump, SO MUCH LOVE!

Jodi Meadows: Aside from having one of the most beautiful covers of 2012 and Jodi being awesome at knitting pretty fingerless mitts, Incarnate blew me away all on its own and I'm dying to dive back into this world Jodi Meadows has created!

I can't believe I actually managed to keep it to 12, there are so many authors I would love to spotlight and thank for the amazing books that had me in book heaven this year!
Link me up to your TTT lists and let me know if you have any recommendations!

13 comments:

  1. I still need to read Shatter Me! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list of authors! I decided not to put the 2012-new-authors on my list, but definitely YES to Tahereh Mafi, Veronica Rossi and Sarah J. Maas. Their debuts were amazing :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I love reading books by debut authors :)

      Delete
  3. YES for Myry McEntire!! LOVED Hourglass and Timepiece!! :) She difinitely rocks! :) :) Awesome list Daisy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I haven't heard of any of these authors, but I definitely want to check some of them out now. Great list. :)

    - Audrey @ Her Fiction Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you discover some new favourites :)

      Delete
  5. That's a great list, Daisy! :D
    I still can't believe you hadn't read JQ before but I'm glad you liked her books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Julia Quinn love :) She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Throne of glass <3 One of the best books I've read this year.
    Veronica Rossi & Leigh Bardugo are high on my TBR pile :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of my new favorite authors made it to your list - particularly Sarah J. Maas, Melina Marchetta, Jodi Meadows and Tahereh Mafi. But what makes me extremely happy is seeing Julia Quinn on there, as she's one of my favorite historical romance authors!

    ReplyDelete