Sunday, January 20, 2013

Daisy Update (30) and Book Haul (8)

Hi guys!

So work was actually kinda good this week except for Friday when it was beyond awful because I had to give someone news that is unfair and horrible and just wrong.

Last Sunday we had dinner with one of my best friends, we went to a Mexican restaurant and I just love the food there! The boys ended up eating my leftovers cause they give you SO MUCH food and I was completely full! After that we went to see the Hobbit and guys, I really enjoyed it! I still think it's a stunt for money that they're making a 351 page book into a three-part movie, but it was really well done and I actually felt that the 3D added something this time.

It started snowing on Monday night, but with my new car I can actually use the brake and not have to be scared of sliding across the road so that's definitely an improvement. It looks like it'll snow again tonight, I wish it'd just stop. Also, it's been SO COLD! I'm wishing for sun and warmth... I hate winter.

Wednesday night we had one of the boyfriend's friends and his girlfriend over for dinner which was really nice! We hadn't seen them in a couple of months because he's been abroad for his work, which has the added bonus that we can go visit him there in April :)

Yesterday I made the smoke alarm go off because I accidentally turned on the microwave in our combined microwave-oven when I wanted to bake a bun... And the stupid thing wouldn't stop making that annoying beeping noise! I was about to throw it out the window when I though of putting it in one of my boots in the other room and thankfully it stopped after that! The boyfriend totally made laughed at me for that...
We had dinner at the boyfriend's parents' and after hung out and watched a movie together, it was nice to have it just be the two of us for a change :)

I'm going over to my parents' in a little while and after I'm having dinner with friends from high school who I haven't seen in a while, I love hanging out with them but with all our busy schedules (3 doctors and 1 medical researcher) it's difficult to find the time for it.

Book Haul


Egalleys for review:
-The Marrying Season by Candace Camp: I LOVE historical romances where they believe their marriage to be of convenience and have a passionate love instead!
-My Ex From Hell by Tellulah Darling: YES GREEK MYTHOLOGY!
-Surprising Lord Jack by Sally MacKenzie
-Linked by Imogen Howson: ALL THE EXCITEMENT! Isn't the cover gorgeous?
-The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler: I've been meaning to read one of Sarah Ockler's books, cause I've heard amazing things about them!
-The Earl in my Bed by Sophie Jordan: I LOVE Sophie Jordan's historical romance, so of course I need to read this novella!
-Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll: sounds creepy!
-A Curse of Kings by Alex Barclay: it sounds like the beginning of an epic new fantasy series, of course I'm IN!
-The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl by Gina Lamm: ok, so this has the potential to be either AMAZING or the cheesiest of chees, I'm hoping for the first.
-The Iron King by Maurice Druon: first published in 1955 and full of court intrigue, yay!
-Lord of Wicked Intentions by Lorraine Heath: I really enjoyed the second book in this series and the novella!
-One More Kiss by Mary Blayney
-Roses Have Thorns by Sandra Byrd: I'm slightly obsessed with Tudor England, so this is bound to be my kind of book :)


Bought:
-Vortex by Julie Cross: I really enjoyed Tempest and am really excited to find out what happens next!
-Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
-A Kiss At Midnight by Eloisa James
-Splintered by A.G. Howard: SO EXCITED! The cover is stunning!
-Incarnate by Jodi Meadows: LOVED this when I read it last year and needed my own shiny copy :)


That's all for me! Leave me a link in the comments and I'll be sure to visit your book haul :)
Hope you all have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I need a new car, mine can not cope with the snow at all!
    I've heard good things about Black Swan Rising, hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And gah, it's so scary to drive in a car that doesn't do well on snow!

      Delete
  2. I will have to look into My Ex From Hell, love mythology stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) It sounds like it could be really good!

      Delete
  3. You got awesome books this week, Daisy!!

    Sounds like and eventful but fun week!! Also, here is getting really cold too - well for us, you know the houses here don't have heating, so when we start getting bellow 10 it gets really cold even in doors - but I rather have cold than heat. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      I'd take the heat any day ;) I feel like all I do is hide from the cold...

      Delete
  4. Linked!!!
    Enjoy it!! I am completely in LOVE with the cover of that book...

    Sorry your Friday wasn't good though :( -hugs-

    Iluminate!!!! X_X Incarnate!!!
    SPLINTERED!!
    Seriously, I shall creep inside the picture and grab them all!!

    Happy reading!
    Here's my STS if you'd like to stalk :D
    http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2013/01/stacking-shelves-16-bookangel-nat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in love with the cover as well, it's so cool!
      Yeah, Friday was kinda bad, but today was better :)

      Delete
  5. I hate winter too. But thanks to all this global warming, I feel like winters in my area have been getting shorter and warmer. Hopefully I'm right, if this year is anything like the last 2 years then winter will be ending by March!

    Sounds like you've been busy but having a good time, which is nice! And I'm glad you enjoyed The Hobbit... maybe I'll cave and rent it when it comes out on DVD. I'm still mad at their money-making scheme though.

    Oh and that new Eloisa James book sounds good, but since I disliked the last one I tried by her so much that I DNF-ed, I'm hesitant to try again. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, it's the only good thing about global warming ;) I'm so ready for winter to be over!
      I'm annoyed at the money making scheme as well, but the movie was done pretty well, even though I can't compare it to the book, cause I didn't actually finish it... (I KNOW, I need to go back and give it another try).
      I'll let you know how I like A Kiss By Midnight!

      Delete
  6. I really think you're going to have a lot of fun reading all those romances ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splintered and Incarnate...DYING to read those!! You have an amazing haul!! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete