Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Good Books and Good Wine's 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge! Day 1 and 2
So I already failed at this, since I didn't participate yesterday which was day 1, but I'm gonna be catching up!! :)
Day 1: Make 15 Book Related Confessions
1. I own approximately 630 fiction books. 394 of those I have not read yet. Hello, my name is Daisy and I'm a book hoarder.
2. I own several complete series from which I haven't even read the first book yet (this falls into the book hoarder category).
3. If a book has a pretty, shiny cover, I'm 10 times as likely to read it, no matter what it's about.
4. I frequently fail at keeping up with a series once I've started it.
5. If I'm reading, I will ignore you or at least try to. I'm reading, what do you expect?
6. I swoon over good guys a lot more than I do over the bad boy that everyone seems to fall for. Nice guys for the win! And seriously, who wants to date a douche??
7. I can get REALLY mad over cover changes in the middle of a series because WTF I shelved over all this money for the hardcover and now you tell me my books won't match?? #$%(@
8. My Broke and Bookish buddies Kelly and Kimberly obsess with me over the A Song of Ice and Fire series. And shirtless Gendry. It's even the image for our Whatsapp group chat. Because you can never go wrong with shirtless Gendry!
9. I'm always a little scared when I loan someone my books because 1) what if they don't like them? and 2) please don't damage my books!!
10. I pretty much always start craving a certain type of food/drink when I'm reading a book and it's a different thing for each book, but if they mention something a lot, it's usually that.
11. I still feel guilty over buying a new e-reader, and the old one is lying nearby because I can't bear to put it away. It's been my constant companion for a couple of years and now it looks all sad and alone not being used anymore.. This could also be called: I imagine inanimate objects have personalities and feelings.
12. I used to be embarassed about reading romance novels because they're looked down upon by a lot of people, but now I feel confident in my loving them, though I still feel a bit weird reading them when I'm at the boyfriend's parents' house...
13. I tend to shy away from books dealing with abuse, illness and World War II. I know some of these books are beautiful and I'm probably missing out by not reading them, but with all the stuff I encounter at work, I sometimes just want to read a happy book in which I know they'll go on to live happily ever after.
14. I haven't been to a library in FOREVER. The libraries here have a pretty limited collection (or rather: they don't have the books I want to read). This makes me sad, because I'd love to support libraries because as a concept they are awesome.
15. The Hunger Games is the book that got me into reading YA, it's also what made me join Goodreads and discover this whole community of booklovers and ALL THE BOOKS!
Day 2: What's your bedtime reading ritual?
I don't know if there's much of a ritual, but I'll wash my face and brush my teeth and then I settle down with whatever it is I'm reading at the time until my mind relaxes enough to fall asleep. This doesn't really work if I'm reading an edge of my seat scary book though...