Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Scare the Bejeezus Out of Me!
As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish.
Today we're talking about those books that intimidate you. And I have a lot of those. I also refere you to this TTT from July 2010. I'm proud to say I've actually read some of the books on the list since then ;)
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I know, ok, I suck. I REALLY want to read this, but the amount of love it has gotten is SCARY. Someone read this with me?
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: Sarah from Sarah Says Read loves this series so much that I bought the first book, but I'm still a little scared to read it, the size intimidates me and what if I don't love it???
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: Can I tell you a secret? I haven't read ANY of John Green's books... This falls straight into the 'I suck' category. This book scares me because I usually avoid books that deal with cancer because it brings my work a little too much home with me and I like happy books. And the ugly crying I foresee over this one is scary as well..
4. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini: Seriously, reading the ending of a series SCARES ME! I loved the first three books, but what if the ending to the series sucks??? WHAT WILL I DO THEN??
5. All of Cassandra Clare's books: SO MUCH HYPE!! Also, it's a HUGE commitment to read both of her series!
6. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: I've heard lots of 'meh' sounds about this one, I still want to read it, I just need to gather all my courage for it...
7. If I Die by Rachel Vincent: I hear events in this book will break my heart. I like my heart unbroken.
8. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima: I LOVED her Seven Realms series SO MUCH!! What if this one doesn't work for me???
9. The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel: My grandmother loved this series. And I very much loved my grandmother. I don't think I'll get over it if I DON'T love this series...
10. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead: Because: WHAT IF THINGS DON'T GET FIXED??? SERIOUSLY???
11. ALL OF THE OTHER HYPED BOOOKS/LAST BOOKS IN THE SERIES: Which doesn't really need an explanation.
So that's it for me, I have all these classics I'm intimidated by as well, but let's not delve into that right now ;)
Leave me a link to your TTT and I'll be sure to visit you!