Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels
As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish.
This week we're talking about books we wished had sequels. And really, there are some books out there that I just can't seem to figure out there's not a sequel (yet)! I hope we'll see some of them pop up in the future :)
1. Witchlanders by Lena Coakley: Witchlanders is the first book that popped into my head when I saw the topic. You guys, it's SUCH a great book and it hasn't really gotten a lot of buzz, but this right here is me BEGGING for a sequel!
2. The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell: Oh man, this is one of the best debuts I've read this year and it's fantasy and I am SO not done having adventures with all these characters!!
3. The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams: This was such a fun book!! I loved the collaboration between these 3 authors and I really hope they'll write a sequel to the International Kissing Club!
4. The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer: I really enjoyed this book and it FELT like the first in a series, but I can't find anywhere if there's gonna be a sequel or not...
5. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson: Ok, so I know this isn't even out yet, but I LOVED this book and this whole series so much and more of Elisa and Hector can NEVER be a bad thing!
6. Tarnish by Katherine Longshore: SO much love for this book!! It totally made Anney Boleyn human and was just amazing and while we left it on a hopeful note, I would love to see Katherine Longshore describe the rest of Anne's story. Or write another novel about an amazing historical figure. Or anything at all. I'm not all that picky here.
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: as the other books will be companion novels, it doesn't really count and I'd love another book focused on Anna and Etienne!
8. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab: LOVED this book! It read like a fairytale and I'm wondering what will happen in the town after the events in the Near Witch!
9. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima: This is the ending to one of my favourite fantasy series EVER. And I so want to stay in this world and hang out with Han and Raisa again and everybody else!
10. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss and ALL THE OTHER SEQUELS IN SERIES I'M WAITING FOR: Yeah, there are so many books that I'm dying to read the sequels of and they will actually be published, but AAAH THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!
So there you have it, I cheated slightly on the last one, but the others are genuine wishes for more books PLEASE!
Leave me a link to your TTT and I'll be sure to check it out!