Sunday, September 29, 2013

Review of Summer Is For Lovers by Jennifer McQuiston


Title/Author: Summer Is For Lovers by Jennifer McQuiston
Publisher/Date published: Avon, September 24th 2013
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley
Buy this book at: The Book Depository

Goodreads summary: His heart is unavailable.
Luckily, her interest lies in the rest of him...

Though she was just a girl when they first met, Caroline Tolbertson’s infatuation with David Cameron remains undimmed. Now fate has brought the handsome Scotsman back to Brighton for what promises to be an unforgettable summer. Soon, Caroline will have to choose a husband, but for now she is free to indulge her curiosity in things of a passionate nature.

That is, if David will agree to teach her.

Past mistakes have convinced David he’ll make a terrible husband, though he’ll gladly help the unconventional Caroline find a suitor. Unfortunately, she has something more scandalous in mind. As the contenders for her hand begin to line up, her future seems assured…provided David can do the honorable thing and let them have her.

When a spirited young woman is determined to break Society's rules, all a gentleman can do is lend a hand…or more.

Guys, it's been a while since I read a good historical romance and OMG, I totally loved this one!! I mean, I even wanted to stay awake to finish it while I was super tired!

Sometimes books like this make me very happy that I wasn't born back then, because UGH women aren't allowed to do ANYTHING! THe men are sexy and manly and everything, but still. There's only so much ogling you can do in one day.
I really liked that Caroline managed to skirt society's rules a bit by going swimming in secret and not submitting to the lameness of the sea bath machines that sound plain awful to me. I liked that she's actually better at swimming than most man are because she's been practising since she was a little girl. And I loved that David accepts this, because it's such an important part of her.

Caroline is a strong woman, who's been keeping her daily swimming a secret from both her sister and her mother because it's not exactly deemed proper for a young lady to do this. I loved how determined she was to help her mother and sister and was ready to sacrifice her own happiness to achieve this. She's so loyal to them and I admire that in a girl. And I liked that she told David exactly what was on her mind and when he's been behaving like an ass.

And David... Poor honorable, tortured David who has this worthless-complex and who doesn't believe he deserves love anymore and UGH! JUST LET ME LOVE YOU OK?? He's so determined not to be loved, he keeps pushing Caroline away and he's hurting her and OMG, it just brought ALL THE FEELINGS! Seriously, these two totally made me cry! They are so beautiful together and why can't he see it and just RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER ALREADY!

OMG, there were just so many beautiful moments! David and Caroline had wonderful chemistry and he's slowly realising she's amazing and there's jealous moments and hurt moments and rejected moments and SEXY MOMENTS and HEARTBREAKING MOMENTS and OMG I JUST LOVED IT!!!

I was so swept up in the moment that it didn't even take an effort to stay up and finish it, because it was so good I couldn't fathom going to sleep before I (uh... David and Caroline) had my (their) happily ever after! I'd never read anything by Jennifer McQuiston before, but picking up Summer Is For Lovers was definitely a good life choice and I'm excited to get my hands on her other books!

My rating: 5 stars

Made me crave: salad with salmon

3 comments:

  1. Daisy, this sounds so good! Totally going to be keeping an eye out for this one... (although why didn't they release it in the summer, it seems like a perfect beach-themed read!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy! you make it sound so so good!
    I think I'm putting it in my wish list!
    thanks for sharing your thoughts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want To Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete