Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish
GUYS! The topic of this week is SO me! I mean, I love swooning over books and I have a ton I could add to this list :D
1. Pivot Point by Kasie West: guys, I could swoon over Trevor all day long, I'm not even kidding you. Actually, both boys were swoony, but Trevor has a special place in my heart.
2. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean: I'm an unashamed Sarah MacLean fan and this is the book that first convinced me of her brilliance. She never fails to write a swoony romance and Callie and Gabriel are such an amazing couple!
3. Crown of Embers by Rae Carson: HECTOR!!! I swoon so hard over Hector! With his whole military manliness and just MY HEART! OK? I swooned over the whole series, which aside from being an amazing epic fantasy series also has fantastic romance, but Crown of Embers made me fall head over heels for Hector, so it gets a place on this list.
4. Captured by a Rogue Lord by Katharine Ashe: this is actually part of my review: "He thinks he's not suited to be anyone's hero, but for Serena he wants to be. He's a really good person at heart and oh-my-gosh SWOONWORTHY!! I love that he's the pirate version of Robin Hood: stealing from the rich bad-guys, giving to the orphans and war-widows."
So: SWOONY PIRATE! YES!
5. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker: there's such a sweet swoonworthy boy and romance in this book! It totally melted my heart :)
6. Any Duchess Will Do by Tessa Dare: from my review "And guys, THE ROMANCE! SAH-WOON! THIS is what I want from my romance novels! Tension and steamyness and a real connection and HEARTBREAK and OMG ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF!"
Tessa Dare also brings the funny alongside the swoons and I love it!
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Yes I swoon over Etienne. SO much.
8. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn: SO MUCH LOVE for this book! I totally adored it and there is an extremely swoonworthy man and romance in it :)
9. How the Marquess Was Won by Julie Anne Long: Julie Anne Long is along with the other ladies on this list among my favourite historical romance authors and this book made me swoon hard!
10. One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean: yes, that's right, Sarah MacLean is so awesome that she made my list twice! I basically ignored everything around me and just read on till morning to finish this and it was BLISS!
So that's it for me, any recommendations? I always love finding more books and boys to swoon over ;)