Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favourites From the Past 3 Years
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish
These are the books that I would count among my all time favourite list from 2012 till now. I'll admit that I cheated a bit by listing series, but I cannot list one of the books without talking about the others!
1. Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas: it is really no secret that I have all the love for this series. It is amazing and I love Celaena and Dorian and Chaol and ROWAN and just this whole world that Sarah J. Maas has created and OMG I cannot wait to see what will happen next! These books always leave me with the worst hangover and it is GLORIOUS.
2. Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo: another fantasy series I have completely fallen in love with and which is already finished and just writing this post makes me want to go grab the books and dive back into the Grisha world!
3. A Night Like This and The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn: I discovered how much I love Julia Quinn's writing over the last 3 years and these books are just *LOVE*. She's amazing and I just swoon and laugh at the stories and it's perfection.
4. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: wow, this book! I had not expected to love it as much as I did, but it punched me right in the feels and it was just AMAZING.
5. A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin: I have so much love for this series! I'd read the previous books in the series before 2012, but I'm definitely counting these for the list!
6. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: I had feels all over this book! It was SO good and OMG THE LETTER! I DIED!
7. The Crown of Embers and The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson: I'd read The Girl of Fire and Thorns in 2011. This series has such a hold on my heart! I love Elisa and Hector and all the other characters in this book, they've all wormed their way into my heart and I still cannot process that this series is finished and I won't be going on anymore adventures with them! It was amazing to see Elisa grow and come into her own!
8. Golden by Jessi Kirby: such an unexpected love! Golden blew me away and I really cannot for the life of me think of a good reason why I don't own a shiny copy of this book myself! I will forever fangirl over the beauty of the writing in Golden.
9. Splintered, Unhinged and Ensnared by A.G. Howard: I have so much love for this re-imagining of Wonderland and all its inhabitants! I loved seeing Alyssa grow into a true queen of Wonderland and while I may not be exactly satisfied with the way my ship went, I do get it and I still love this series as a whole.
10. The Bone Season and The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon: this series! It's just amazing and intricate and ok, The Bone Season was a bit heavy on the information we had to process, but it totally worked for me and I will just read the crap out of the rest of the books in this series that are still being written!
So that's my list, any we have in common? Anything you'd recommend based on my list? Let me know!