Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish
As I'm going on vacation next Tuesday (to Thailand, YAY!), here's what's on my list to read on one (or more) of their gorgeous beaches:
1. Valiant by Sarah McGuire: I found out late that the release date of this one had been moved up, so I'm reading it now, around its original release date. Also: YAY FAIRYTALE RETELLING!
2. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen: seems fitting, as I read The Queen of the Tearling last year on vacation ;) Also, I think fantasy novels make for perfect beach reads.
3. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: I LOVE Sophie Kinsella and I'm really curious about her first YA novel!
4. Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout: This sounds super cute! Boarding schools! And a comparison to Anna and the French Kiss! How can this possibly go wrong?
5. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi: there's been a lot of buzz about this one, and I'm really excited to read it! It sounds like it could be kinda awesome.
6. Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil: I read Get Even last year and really enjoyed it, this will serve as my Pretty Little Liars fix until it starts up again :)
7. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West: KASIE WEST! ULTIMATE BEACH OR ANYWHERE ELSE READ. ALWAYS.
8. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: I've heard this is amazing and steamy and this sounds like a perfect beach read to me. Or anywhere. Also: it's Sarah J. Maas, obviously I'm reading this as soon as possible. Quite possibly on the airplane, so there's not possibility of damaging it around sand/water/etc.
9. Wrong About the Guy by Claire LaZebnik: I like Claire LaZebnik's books and any adaptation of Emma will forever be read.
10. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: I've heard this is supercute and fluffy and happiness inducing. The only thing that will be missing if I read this on the beach, are Oreo's, cause I think it might be a little too hot for chocolate...
What's going to be in your beach bag? Tell me about your holiday plans!