Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Hyped Books I Haven't Read


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish

Note: I do actually own all of these books, so there's the intention to read them at some point in life.

1. The Wrat and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: this has been getting a LOT of hype lately and OMG I desperately want to read it, but SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME.

2. Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: this has been pushed towards me by many, many people. And while at first glance I wasn't much interested, the things I've heard about it are SUPER cute, which is right up my alley.

3. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski: basically this one got hype all over the place when it came out and it made me both want to read it and a little scared of it, but some day.

4. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: this could have basically been ANY book by Rainbow Rowell, but I feel like this has been shoved into my face SO many times! And even though the description still doesn't hold all that much appeal to me, I still bought it, so you know, THE HYPE MONSTER WORKS.

5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: anything Jojo Moyes writes gets a lot of hype, but I started noticing with this one. I don't usually read books that deal with illness or the aftermath of accidents, but maybe this one is worth all the hype?

6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: *hides* I KNOW OK? I've been meaning to read this FOREVER but all the love slightly scares me...

7. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: basically I'm scared that I won't love this one as much as everyone and their great aunt did. But it does sound SO CUTE and fluffy contemporaries are my jam, so.

8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: this one of overhyped and even people who don't read know about this one, even before the movie came out. This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but as most books that get a movie, I do feel like I should read it. The debate is ongoing.

9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: some loved it, some didn't love it so much, but there has been a lot of talk about this one. I mean, 48 of my friends on Goodreads have read this (yes, I actually counted them). It has a cute British boy in it, what could possibly go wrong?

10. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan: I think only J.K. Rowling writing a sequel to Harry Potter would have gotten more hype at the time. And since I LOVED the Percy Jackson series, I REALLY need to get it together and read this.

8 comments:

  1. The Wrath and the Dawn has made a few lists today, including mine, and the only book on your list I've actually read is My Life Next Door.It was a great read. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Life Next Door, Eleanor & Park and Daughter of Smoke and Bone all live up to the hype. Love at First Sight and Me Before you are also good. Happy reading! MyTTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I'll enjoy all of them :)

      Delete
  3. I'm basically just nodding my head at most of your list, since I highly recommend a majority of it (with the exception of The Wrath and the Dawn, which was just not my cup of tea). I haven't read Gone Girl (and don't plan to because it's not my thing), but I hope you get around to it! And I also haven't read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, but that's definitely one I look forward to picking up eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I always listen to your recommendations :) I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Simon! It sounds adorable!

      Delete
  4. Eleanor & Park and Gone Girl I LOVE! Strongly recommend them two :-) I want to read something by Jojo Moyes, not sure which book to start with :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Before You would be me randomly picking a book to start with from Jojo Moyes ;) Because I have no idea where to start either...
      Glad to hear you loved both Eleanor & Park and Gone Girl!

      Delete