Sunday, February 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. I always love seeing what everybody else got, all those nice and shiny new books :)

This is actually a massive IMM, telling you what I got in the last 4 weeks. And I took pictures with my ancient digital cam (3 megapixel), probably not the best quality... I went a little crazy at 2 booksales, which amounts to 19 bought books.


Need - Carrie Jones
The Rose of Sebastopol - Katharine McMahon
Melissa Nathan - The Waitress (I think I actually already own this one in Dutch, but I'm not sure)
The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory


Dutch version of Pilate's Wife - Antoinette May
Dutch version of Dreaming the Eagle - Manda Scott
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel


Daughter of Troy - Sarah B. Franklin
The Trouble With Magic - Madelyn Alt
Five Quarters of the Orange - Joanne Harris (loved Chocolate and The Girl With No Shadow by the same author)
North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell


Two's Company - Jill Mansell (I have a lot of her books, but had never heard of this one)
Holder of Lightning - S.L. Farrell
Cathy Kelly - Past Secrets
Dragon's Blood - Jane Volen


Dutch version of Burning Bright - Tracy Chevalier
Dracula the Un-Dead - Dacre Stoker (I'm currently reading Dracula, so hoping to get to this one soon after)
Dutch version of Brideflight - Marieke van der Pol
Inda - Sherwood Smith (I was so happy with this find! I loved Crown and Court Duel!)


I also got some really awesome books as eGalleys.
From NetGalley:



A Kingdom Besieged - Raymond E. Feist: it's been years since I read a book by this author, but I remember really enjoying them.
A Long, Long Sleep - Anna Sheehan: debut author! Sounds amazing.
Angel Burn - L.A. Weatherly: debut author.
Eleven Scandals to Start To Win A Duke's Heart - Sarah MacLean: I've loved the first 2 books in the series, MacLean knows how to write good romance!



The Goddes Test - Aimée Carter: SOOO excited about this one! Also a debut author.
Phoenix Rising - Philippa Ballantine
Midnight's Wild Passion - Anna Campbell



The Restorer - Amanda Stevens
Ember and Ash - Pamela Freeman
A Tale of Two Lovers - Maya Rodale


From Simon & Schuster's GalleyGrab program:



Wither - Lauren DeStefan: OMG, I GOT WITHER!!! (Yes, I squealed) I'm SOOO excited about this one. The cover is beautiful and it sounds amazing. Am reading this ASAP. Also debut author.
Invincible Summer - Hannah Moskowitz
Red Glove - Holly Black


Huge THANK YOU for the egalleys to all publishers!

So, this was my massive IMM post. What did you get?

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a super impressive mailbox! I can't wait to read The Goddess Test and Angel Burn, both of those look amazing:) Looking forward to seeing what you think of Need too, I've heard that series is great:) Enjoy your crazy awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books! And so many of them sound so great!! :) I'm excited about the Goddess Test as well - sound like my kind of book.

    Have a great time reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read your review of Goddess Test. I thought about requesting it, but wasn't sure. I also really want to read "North and South" by Gaskell for my Victorian Lit challenge. I still have to clear my current haul of tbr pile. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressive list! I've heard some fabulous stuff about Madelyn Alt, and Holly Black is truly a fave of mine!! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of books this week! I'm currently in the middle of reading Wither (so good so far!) and I also got Invincible Summer from GalleyGrab.

    ReplyDelete