Sunday, December 11, 2011

Daisy Update

I am feeling kind of lazy today, so instead of recording the IMM I had planned, I am doing this again :)

So, I had a pretty good week! I had an unexpected extra day off from work, cause there wasn't enough to do, which on one hand sucks cause I need the money, on the other hand: it's cold and I don't really want to go outside when it's cold. So I got to sleep in a bit on Thursday and then stay snuggled up beneath my blanket with my tea and book. This made me ridiculously happy.

Another exciting thing: Tuesday I watched 2 of my best friends graduate and become doctors! It was amazing, one of them I've known since the very beginning of college, she was in my introductin group and the other I've known about a half year less. But we've done this whole thing together and it makes me proud to see them looking all pretty in their dresses, accepting their diplomas!

Friday I had a high tea at a restaurant with one of my best friends, who used to be my roommate, we lived together in the apartment I now live in with my boyfriend for 3 years and we don't see enough of each other now. So I was really glad we could do this and it was so much fun! We ate LOTS of delicious food and drank so much tea, it was wonderful :) I also discovered where they get their pina colada tea, which is SO GOOD! Am probably ordering it soon.

I have also officially started my Christmas shopping! I got my blog/Twitter buddy Alexa something, I'm not telling what cause she hasn't gotten it yet. And got my mom a bathrobe to wear when we go to the spa together and I also got myself a little something:



FLEECE PJ PANTS!!! I didn't get the jacket that matched it. But it was the last one and I was so happy when they had it in my size! And they are totally as comfortable as they look (am wearing them now) and very soft :)

The boyfriend and me went to a concert on Friday and a party near his parents' yesterday night, which explains the laziness today. You know what I hate? How they smoke in the bar we went to and then the next morning everything smells so bad! I really dislike smoking, especially in bars when they're not paying attention and accidentally stab you in the hand/arm with a cigarette. Yeah, that also happened yesterday night...

On bookish aspects: I have managed to read 4 books this week and will start another one later tonight, I only loved 1: Between the Sea and Sky, which is adorable! But the others were enjoyable as well.

That's all for me this week, hope you had a good week as well! :)

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, High Tea! I went to one a few months ago and it was amazing! Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins*
    You had a good week! Other than the cold and that travesty called ANTM!! (I'm still mad!)

    Anyway, I love fleece PJ pants!!
    I love PJs in general! :D I would go to work wearing them if I could!:P

    And many congrats to your friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! I love unexpected days off, and in cold weather it's such a blessing to be able to stay cuddled underneath the blankets!

    And I agree with the smoke smell - it's so gross. Both of my parents smoke, and when I'm with them for longer than like 5 minutes, I have to shower as soon as I get home because the smoke smell lingers in my clothes and hair. Yuck!

    Hope you have another great week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fleece pants! They look soooo comfy. And they're perfect for those days when you get to lounge about and drink tea and read ;) I'm telling you, we could hang out and end up wearing pajama pants and drinking tea and eating sweets and reading all day ;)

    And yay! I'm so excited! So happy we met through this amazing world of book blogging <3

    ReplyDelete