Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon!



The Book Blogger Love-A-Thon is hosted by Katelyn @ Kate's Tales of Books and Bands, if you want to know what it's all about, check out this post!

So today is all about sharing the love and while I'm not officially participating, as I have about half an hour of time on the internet before I should really be eating/showering/getting ready to go out tonight/cleaning (yes, it's very likely that will be skipped).
BUT I thought this was a wonderful idea! And it made me want to write a post about how much I love this community.

Because I do. Very much! I've gotten to know wonderful people through blogging and Twitter has allowed me to more easily get in contact with them and it's great! I mean, just last week I got a new haircut and I showed it to my friends on Twitter even before my boyfriend had seen it (ok, so this was also because he wasn't home for another 5 hours, but still).

I love living in Holland, but it's this community that has me wishing I lived in the US because then I'd get to meet you all!

I want to give a special shoutout to some of my friends on this day of blogger-love :) :

Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books who I'm proud to call my friend! She's such a sweet and generous person and I love talking to her and reading her blog! We share a love of sparkly shirts and food :)

Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl and also fellow Broke and Bookish blogger, holla! She's such a sweetheart and I still think we should either move Holland closer to the US or have her and Alexa come to Paris so we can all meet up! :)

Kelly A., another fellow Broke and Bookish blogger. We're both addicted to A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin and I love that we can geek out together over things such as screenshots for the second season of the TV show :)

Sarah @ Sarah Says Read, a wonderful blogger who knows what she's talking about and isn't afraid to be critical about what she reads. I totally trust her verdict on the books she's read and I love reading her Sarah Sunday posts!

And I also wanted to give a shout out to a relatively new blogger: Bianca @ The Brown Eyed Bookie, she's lovely and you should all go follow her blog!

If I had the time I would list every blogger I know and love, but as I'm kind of running late already, I'll keep it short and just tell everyone who's reading this:
I am so thankful for you and even if I didn't mention you by name, know that I adore every one of you! <3

EDIT: I was mortified when I was just getting my pizza out of the oven (yes, my mind does indeed make interesting connections) and realised I'd forgotten to include Alex @ A Girl, Books and Other Things!! She's been nothing but wonderful since I met her and I love that we share a passion for TV shows such as Gossip Girl and America's Next Top Model! :)

12 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't participate. It is so nice of you to do a post about it though and thanks so much for the shout out :D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of want to stay in tonight and just join in... :) Hope you're having a great day as well!

      Delete
  2. We adore you too Daisy :) ;) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know how much I love you and your blog and our mutual love for cookies, chocolate, tea and sparkly things. Someday, maybe, you and Jana and I will totally meet up in Paris! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! I'm still determined to try to come to BEA next year, so maybe the cookies, tea, sparkly things and BOOKS will happen then, only not in Paris ;)

      Delete
  4. Aww! Daisy, I just love you! Thanks so much! It has been so much fun getting to know you since we started at TB&TB. :) We definitely need to find Alexa and meet up for fun in Paris! BEA needs to happen. I hope it works out!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we both joined in when Jamie first asked around for who wanted to participate in TB&TB! :) And yes, BEA definitely needs to happen! Once I start making money (hopefully in a couple of months) I will start saving up for it! :)

      Delete
  5. This is so nice! :) I'm glad we've become such good friends -- I seriously have NO ONE else that I can geek out with over Game of Thrones! Thanks for putting up with my constant screaming and crying surrounding the books/show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I mean, I know maybe 3 people IRL who've seen the series, never mind read the books! I love that I can just tweet you anytime while reading the series and you know what I'm talking about! :)

      Delete
  6. Aww what a cute idea! I wish I could come to Holland and we could hang out and eat yummy food! You're such a sweetheart :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too!! I think we'd have so much fun hanging out and I'd love to cook together! :D I always end up craving the things you mention making on your blog :)

      Delete