Sunday, July 21, 2013

Daisy Update (47)

Hi guys!

I hope you've been having an amazing week! I sure did :)

It's wonderful to have all these days of lovely summer weather and basically having not much better to do than sit around, reading a book and doing fun things with friends! :D

Monday was a quiet day, I went to the lake just outside of the city and lay there all day, relaxing, trying to get my legs to show some other color than white (alas, they are not cooperating). For the first time in about 5 days I just stayed in at night with the boyfriend, which was nice!

On Tuesday we drove over to some of our friends who were on vacation about an hour away by car and had a lovely barbecue with them. It's so nice that we get to do stuff with other couples! We have some couple-friends, but not many that we actually hang out with often. These two are so much fun and like to eat and chat, just like we do, so it was really fun!

On Wednesday I went to the spa with one of my friends. Yes, again ;) I love going to the sauna and one of my friends wanted to try it and I had this coupon I'd gotten a while ago lying around... I love hanging out with her and catching up and just basically talking all day and relaxing in the sauna and the hot tub. And they have a salt bath! I love floating around in that, I pretty much always fall asleep there, it's wonderful!
We both got these really pretty tea mugs, here's mine:


Cute, right? And it has this thing where I can put my tea in and a little cover and I'm just very much in love with my new mug :) I already had a ton, but this one is different. Obviously.

At night we went to a concert in a church, which was so amazing! It's such a lovely setting for a concert and the acoustic is wonderful! As part of the festivities surrounding the four day walking event they're having all these concerts and performances all over the city and this was one of the special things they organised. After we hung out at another stage with some friends for a bit before heading home.

Thursday I did nothing but complain about my abs hurting. And read. It was a good day.

Friday was the last day of the walking event and I met up with some of my friends for dinner and after we went out in the city, where we met up with the boyfriend and some of our other friends. It's been so lovely out that we could just stay outside at one of the outdoor performances and dance and chat with friends. It was so much fun!

Saturday had me a bit exhausted from Friday's activities ;) But I pulled myself together and met up with some friends for a bit of shopping and then a high wine, which was fun, but we probably won't do it again. You get 2 glasses of wine and some snacks. We can probably also get this by just going to a restaurant, but it was fun to try it sometime.
I bought this totally cute bag and scarve and jeans and two really nice shirts :) Almost all of it was on sale, so yay! I think I'm most in love with my bag, I'll show you guys a picture next week, as I'm totally lazy and don't want to get up so snap a picture now ;)

The boyfriend and I will be escaping to the lake in a couple of hours, because it's totally hot and sunny and YAY SUMMER! It's way to nice to stay at the apartment! Tonight we're going out to dinner with my parents at a really lovely restaurant, YAY FOOD!

Oh, and I've started doing Blogilates and guys, I'm LOVING IT! It's so much fun, but it hurts so much! But at least I know I'm actually using the muscles Cassey mentions we should be using because they hurt the next day ;) I've been doing a bit of little-old-lady walking because of it, but oh well, it's for a good cause. I really want to get in shape a bit more, but I hate working out and this is just a lot of fun and I can do it at home, which totally helps.

I hope you're all enjoying amazing weather and a lovely weekend as well!

3 comments:

  1. Your summer sounds amazing! Such fun and happy times :)

    I had to look up Blogilates, but it looks really fun! I should try that on days when I don't have time to fit the gym in... like today! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the sound of your summer! All the activities you've been engaging in sound very summery and fun indeed :)

    ReplyDelete