Friday, July 5, 2013

Review of Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep


Title/Author: Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy #4.5) by Jennifer Estep
Publisher/Date published: Kensington, June 25th 2013
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley

Goodreads summary: I'm Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was - until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I'm fine, that Loki and the Reapers don't have a hold on me anymore, but I can't risk it. I can't risk hurting Gwen again. So I'm leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what's happening to me, whether I'm safe. I can't tell her, but this is my story...

So I'll make this short and sweet, like Spartan Frost was.

I'm not much of a novella reader, but every now and then I make an exception and I'm usually happy I did. Spartan Frost definitely falls into this category.

I very much like Logan and it was nice to see what had happened in Crimson Frost through his eyes. It's not something that should be taken lightly and Logan definitely doesn't. I also liked seeing another side of his father, cause he REALLY annoyed me in Crimson Frost. I get that he was trying to protect his son, but maybe he could have done it in a less obnoxious way.

It didn't even take me an hour to read this, I zipped right through it and besides providing me a little insight into Logan's mind, it also made me excited to continue the series with Midnight Frost soon!

My rating: 3,5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment