Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Songs I Wish Were Books!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish.


I LOVE music, I'm always playing it in the background while I'm reading and YES to this TTT topic basically!! :)



1. Up All Night by Rosemary's Sons: this one is by a Dutch band and I LOVE the song and the images it conjures up, so I'd love if someone wrote a book inspired by this!



2. Gravity by Sara Bareilles: this song is everything. I would read it if it was a book. But this basically goes for all of Sara's songs, because they're all stories.


3. Lost by Jonathan Jeremiah: I'm a sucker for love songs and this is beautiful, talking about a flawed love that can't do without the other person.



4. Goodbye To You by Michelle Branch: I would love to read a story about the love and the life that she's saying goodbye to and choosing to be on her own.



5. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen: because this would obviously be the cutest summer love story ever and I love me some fluffy awesomeness!



6. All In by Lifehouse: It was really hard for me to pick just one of Lifehouse's songs because OMG so much love for all of them! All about taking that leap and giving your all to someone else, I love it.



7. Accidentally in Love by The Counting Crows: Yes, it's another love song, but this would make for such a cute fluffly read in my opinion and I need more of those!



8. So Close by John McLaughlin: 'So close and still so far', I imagine that one seemingly unattainable love or the one whose off-limits like the brother's best friend or something like that. JUST MAKE IT WORK OK?



9. Stuck by Stacie Orrico: this song resonated SO well with 16/17-year old Daisy, I used to play it on repeat and to me it's so much about that time before I met my boyfriend when I used to crush on boys and it was just such an uncertain time in that I never knew what was up with this one guy and just UGH FRUSTRATION. "I hate you, but I love you". Yeah, that's basically right.



10. I'd Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin: I'm thinking another lovely fluffly contemporary romance. So obviously YES.

And this bonus one is one that I think Jamie will forgive me for stealing from her list:



Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy: this is one that along with Stuck resonated with late-teenage Daisy and I used to listen to it on repeat all day long.

Any you'd love to see made into books as well?

5 comments:

  1. Ahh!! So excited that you have a Lifehouse song on your list as well. Any of their songs will make great books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidentally in Love always makes me think about Shrek! You're right, it would be a cute, campy romance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great List. I love Lifehouse too! Here's my list http://videoclimbersvariations.blogspot.com/2016/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-songs-i-would-like.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Stacie Orrico! Hesitation was on repeat for my 19 year old self =) Great list! I think Goodbye to You would be a wonderful book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with you - a lot of Sara Bareilles' songs would make great novels! I would love to see her Fairytale song as a series :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete